Pharr South has all the facilities you would expect in a retirement community for active adults.
Explore our indoor facilities:
- Our main building is the hub for many activities in our park. It houses our hall, used for dances, parties, plays, church services, and banquets. The hall can accomodate large groups and includes a modern kitchen where holiday meals are prepared, as well as lighter fare for breakfasts, casual dinners, dances, and special parties. Park information meetings are held here as well as our country jam sessions where local musicians and singers entertain. The hall supports our local church congregation, and provides a stage for hilarious performances put on by our drama club. In the winter months we host lively performances by a variety of talented artists who come to perform in the sunny Rio Grande Valley each winter. When not otherwise in use, our pickleball enthusiasts roll out their nets and set up one or two courts for indoor play.
- The Library and Game Room the main building always has at least one community picture puzzle being worked on.
- The Media / Meeting Room, housed in the main building can host small meetings, is a WIFI hot spot, is an extension of the library, and houses park archives of photos, etc.
- Card Rooms A and B are housed in a building which originally was used as a classroom facility. These rooms are busy nearly every night for card games. These rooms are ideal for smaller meetings such as board meetings, drama club practice, and event planning meetings.
- The Activity Center is a multi-purpose building used by our dart club, our quilters, painting and ceramics classes, and other crafts. It is the scene of our often riotous saturday game night, and also a group of enthusiastic Karaoke singers.
- Our well-equipped Woodworking Shop is set up in a building that also houses the park maintenance facilities. Skilled craftsmen monitor the shop for safety and provide assistance on your projects.
- We have an on-site facility which houses a coin laundry as well as fitness equipment. The billiard room with it’s 5 tables, great for tournaments, is in a separate building that also houses restrooms.
Free WIFI is available in several of our buildings!
Explore Outdoor Facilities:
- We have a large heated swimming pool for relaxing, exercise, or a rousing water volleyball game. The pool area includes two whirlpool/hot tubs, There is plenty of room to relax and soak up some beautiful Texas sun.
- We have ten lighted shuffleboard courts available for your use. Social shuffleboard is played two days and one evening per week.
- We provide our golfers with a practice golf driving cage to groove your swing.
- We also have two horseshoe courts.