Here are many of the great activities that Pharr South residents enjoy.
Indoor Activities at Pharr South Park
It is said that an active retirement, both physical and mental, help keep us young. At Pharr South we are blessed with a climate that allows for outdoor activity all year. Should it get too chilly or too hot there are numerous indoor activities to keep us busy.
- Two indoor pickleball courts with an active group of players organized and promoted by a Texas State Tournament medalist player.
- Many craft projects – woodburning, wood carving, quilting, card making, etc.
- We have one of the very best country jam sessions in the valley.
- Regular schedule of card games – pinochle, 500, Texas Hold ’em Poker, and Bridge.
- Drama club which presents one show in a ‘dinner theater’ format each year for residents and guests.
- Square Dances several times a week are called by a highly regarded square dance caller. Several levels are available.
- Dances and dance lessons – line, two-step, trail, etc.
- Weekly Saturday night suppers followed by Bingo.
- Ceramics and painting classes.
- Pool Hall where players can mingle and participate in tournaments with other parks.
- Several dances in our park each season as well as super entertainment from professional entertainers.
- Residents are kept up to speed with our weekly newsletter, a private facebook group, bulletin boards, and lobby monitor display.
- Weekly interdenominational church services with our park’s pastor and congregation.
- Active Red Hats group as well as a ‘Bunch for Lunch’ following
Outdoor Activities at Pharr South
In sunny South Texas we enjoy the great outdoors as much as possible.
- Golf program with weekly outings to two local golf courses. Tune your swing at our golf driving cage.
- Water Volleyball in our heated pool – a not-so-serious sport. Laughing good fun!
- Morning water exercises six mornings a week in our heated pool.
- Bike club with organized rides over easy and flat Rio Grande Valley terrain.
- Birding club with scheduled outings to local birding hot spots.
- In-park shuffleboard two days and one evening each week. Interested players can compete in tournaments organized by the Rio Grande Valley and the Western Valley Shuffleboard Associations.
- Two horseshoe pits are available